For Windows 11/10/8/7/Vista/2008:
For Windows XP/2003/2000:
The Media Player
Codec Pack supports almost every compression and file type used by
modern video and audio files.
The package is simple to install, while also offering advanced settings to
the high end user:
For simple installation select "Easy Installation".
For advanced installation options select "Expert Installation".
A codec is a piece of software on either a device or computer
capable of encoding and/or decoding video and/or audio data from files,
streams and broadcasts. The word Codec is a portmanteau of 'compressor-decompressor'
x264 | x265 | h.265 | HEVC | 10bit x265 | 10bit x264 | AVCHD | AVC
DivX | XviD | MP4 | MPEG4 | MPEG2 and many more.
.bdmv | .evo | .hevc | .mkv | .avi | .flv | .webm | .mp4 | .m4v | .m4a | .ts | .ogm
.ac3 | .dts | .alac | .flac | .ape | .aac | .ogg | .ofr | .mpc | .3gp and many more.
Graphics card GPU detection with known functional acceleration settings recommended to you during installation, including support for
NVIDIA, AMD, ATI, and Intel dedicated or onboard GPU's. This also includes laptop and tablet settings recommended to improve performance and save power.
Processor identification and thread detection sets your codecs to use the best number of threads within the limits of each codec.
All resolutions, including SD (Standard Definition) 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, + HD (High Definition) 720i, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 4k (Ultra HD) and beyond.
Protected Bluray, AVCHD, DVD.
* LAV Video decoder 0.74.1 Build 92 x86 & x64 (XP/2000 version is 0.69).
* ffdshow DirectShow Video Codec 1.3.4533 x86 & x64.
* XviD Video (Encoder) Codec v1.3.7.
* x264 Video (Encoder) Codec v44.2851.
* Lagarith Lossless Video (Encoder) Codec v1.3.27 x86 & x64.
* LAV Audio Decoder 0.74.1 Build 92 x86 & x64 (Legacy version is 0.69).
* Sony DSD Decoder 1.0 x86.
* DivX Audio Decoder 4.1 x86.
* DSP-worx Bass Source Filter/Decoder v126.96.36.199 x86.
* Haali Media Splitter/Decoder 188.8.131.52 x86 & x64 - For MP4, MKV, OGM and AVI files.
* LAV Splitter 0.74.1 Build 92 x86 & x64 (Legacy version is 0.69).
* ReClock Video renderer v184.108.40.206 x86.
* xy-VSFilter v220.127.116.11 x86 & x64 - Subtitle Readers.
* CDXA Reader v1.7.13 x86 & x64 (XP/2000 version is 1.6.8) - Also known as Form 2 Mode 2 CD or XCD x86 & x64 (Legacy version is 0.69).
* Icaros 3.1.0 x86 & x64.
* Application Tuning - Changes the default settings for Media Player Classic, NVIDIA 3D Vision Player, and Stereoscopic Player.
* Media Player Classic Home Cinema 1.9.8 x86 (XP/2000 version is 1.6.8) - Selectable by right clicking on any file.
* Disc Handler - For double click playback on BluRay disc icons in Windows Explorer.
* Codec Settings GUI - Allows the user to modify codec, graphics and sound settings.
* Codec Settings UAC (User Account Control) Manager - Copies settings between users.
* Update Checker - Checks for updates once every 7 days (Administrator only).
* Tray Menu - Gives easy access to codec utilities and allows fast audio profile switching.
Guide - How to set file associations in Windows 8 & 8.1
Guide - How to set file associations in Windows 11 & 10